How do your teams create successful outcomes that generate future profits and market share for your organization?
How do you create a tool and a pathway for key executives to contribute their knowledge and technical skills to the organization, and at the same time relate effectively to the people around them?
The 360-degree Assessment for Key Executives
The 360-degree assessment often results in a 180-degree turnaround in executives who are key players in the organization and who are vital to its success. These people have moved the organization forward, yet struggle with people and issues as the organization grows and becomes more complex.
Executives and key players, often some of the most talented and intelligent people in the world of organizations, can be unaware of their approach to interpersonal relationships. Their role is such that they often are unaware of the reactions of those around them, which causes problems with productivity, moral, and retention. The 360-degree assessment brings quick clarity and a path to change.
With the 360-degree assessment, you tap into the knowledge your most expert consultants—the team itself—from the perspective of the participant, boss, peers, and direct reports. If you have a tool like the 36-degree assessment, you have a tool to tap the knowledge of how the team will succeed.
The 360-degree Assessment for Effective Teams
Team tools such as the 360-degree assessment can be the deciding factor to an organization. In the business war of survival, when your team’s success is your success, how do you make teams generate the value for your organization that it is investing in them?
What is the Cost of Your Team in Real Dollars?
You most likely have considered that a team of people you deploy conservatively costs somewhere between $750,000 and $1,000,000 per year, or much more with highly technical or professional teams. Then, double that cost with an operating budget in a similar amount to salaries, and you have an investment in that team of $2,000,000 to $2,500,000 dollars.
And What is the Productivity Value?
There are two survival factors of business: profits and market share. The team you deploy in 2015 should generate five to ten times the investment to cover the cost of the investment. Technology runs the organization, but people move it forward. Human failure leads to layoffs, limited careers, and automation of functions where people no longer add value.
How does the 360-degree Assessment Fit into the Way Your Organization Operates?
Keeping your team on track. When you administer a 360-degree assessment, it takes out the “black box” aspect of teams where you don’t know how the project is going until time and money has been lost, the deadline is effectively going to be missed, or the project will fail. Eliminating that aspect of teams is enormously profitable because you:
- Get a sense of the team’s belief if the project is going “right direction” or “wrong direction,”
- Understand if the team’s capabilities are effective, and where there are gaps in the technical skillset,
- Determine where communications flow and where signal strength weakens or fails,
- Judge how team members see the effectiveness of other team members and of their contribution to the team,
- Determine if there are issues specific to team members where a team member needs coaching to be more effective in a role, and
- Take a snapshot of the “elephants in the room,” the often politically-charged things that should be obvious for all to see, often aren’t seen, or just can’t be mentioned.
Coaching for Struggling Team Leaders. Many of the leaders on teams are professionals who have been outstanding for their technical skills have little experience with groups and their management. It is often baffling to them how they can be more effective, yet a few basic skills will turn them into effective leaders. 360’s give these managers the data to be able to achieve effective leadership.
Making Team Mid-course Corrections. Sometimes 360’s unveil superior talent and skills that could be more effectively deployed. At other times, team reorganization can be a game changer.
- Customized 360s—We offer the option of modifying our Delta 360 tools or the option of creating a totally customized instrument to reflect the nuances of your industry and organization.
- Administering Options—We offer online administration of our 360 survey tools, interviews and combinations of both online surveys and interviews. At the executive level, we also offer interview-only 360s.
- Flexibility in Rater Categories—Do you want to add special rater categories like Board members or customers? Do you want to differentiate the feedback of middle managers from that of senior managers? We can do that. Is your organization matrixed? We can create rater categories to reflect that.
- Unlimited Numbers of Raters—Some 360s limit the number of raters you can have. In our system you can have as many raters as you like. No limits.
To discuss our 360-degree products and services, contact us to find out more:
SEND US AN EMAIL or call 512-498-9780.